Wednesday, August 28, 2013

July 22, 2013

Wow this week was a huge let down. This was the first time i didn't have more than 22 lessons in 6 months. but me and my companion learned a ton duriing this week. and we're excited to go to work this week. I never really had time to go get my toe looked at but i've been treating it kinda haha. And it's gotten a lot better actually. It doesn't hurt to walk anymore!!!! I got the package and thank you guys so much for all the stuff i love having the little preach my gospel now i can carry it around with me everywhere! Good news tho is that the activity turned out to be super great and super fun. We only had about 30 people show up but we got about 10 references from the activity and have FHE scheduled for the next 3 weeks with new investigators. More good news my district might have 5 baptisms this week which would put us at 6 baptisms for july 1 more than our goal of 5. Then the next month i'm hoping to accomplish the goal of excellency which is 4 baptisms every companionship every month which means that we would have 16 baptisms every month as a district. I know that we can do it because we have found 138 investigators so far this month we just need to have more faith and invite all of them to get bapitzed the first visit. THat's been our big problem as a district not putting baptismal dates in the first visit. Our investigators will never progress or do anything if we don't invite them to. I love being a missionary it's so great being able to help people be happy and feel the love that God has for them. 
Well this next week i'll be doing divisions for 2 days in paraiso because i have to go do 3 baptismal interviews there and then another one here in turrialba. So 4 interviews this week. I'm always super nervous for interviews. But during them that feeling goes away. Instead of that feeling i feel so happy to see the change in these peoples lives and to see how excited they are to change everything and give up so many habits to make this covenant of baptism with the Lord. 
There is no feeling greater than this. and it makes me so sad to see how fast the time is passing. next week i'll have 1 year in costa rica. and 14 months in the mision. But that just meens that i have to work as hard as i can for the next 10 months. I can't and won't let anything hold me back. I love this work so much. The Gospel is True. I Also love hearing about all the people that are going on the mission and can't wait till darbi get's out there. 
I love you guys so much. Thank you all for all the support and love that you have given and shown me.

Love Elder Drake Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment