Monday, June 3, 2013

May 20

It was super great to seeyou guys this week! BUt i felt so trunky the next day haha. The members here are so awesome. 3 families celebrated my birthday. THey made me strawberry cheesecake which was so good. And the next night they gave me a cake called Tres Leches which is one of my favorites. you guys will have to try it when you come to costa rica. BUt the only bad part of the week is that i got super sick on my birthday. Probably because of all the cake. BUt i felt so bad it was awfull. I don't think i've ever felt so sick in my stomach in my whole life. BUt a part fromthat it was apretty sweet week! On sunday we had ward conference. With an attendence of 117 people 12of which were our investigators.It was such an awesome sunday. When we came in late with our investigator family the Stakepresident gave us a thumbs up haha i thought that was pretty funny. But it was seriously such a miracle that the family came and they are so great but they live in the most humble part of our area where allthe houses are just sheet metal and nothing else.
 BUt Wow this week me and my companion learned a lot about our area and how much we really rely on the members to have success. We tried to do some contacting this week and we had some success in one area but it's really not that efficient inour other areas. But we met some really special people this week. WHile we were contacting we met someone who had talked to the missionaries 4 years ago. And now her and her sister are super ready to listen to us. We also met a lady named Karmen and invited her to church. We only thought her and her daughter would come but instead she came with her husband and 3 kids to ward conference which was perfect because she was having a problem with her husband but Stake President gave the perfect talk that, if they were listening well, helped them out a ton. 
I was super surprised friday night when i got home and Elder CHisholm told me that i had to call the Zone leaders. When they told me that i was going to be district leader i did not feel prepared. BUt after a ton of praying i came to know that this is what i need to do and felt such a comforting calm feeling. I know that if i put my trust in the Lord he will help me know what to do to make this district the district he needs.  
I'm a little nerbous to do baptismal interviews and run district meetingsbut iknow that everything will be alright. 
THanks guys for everything i love you guys all so much.

Love Drake

No comments:

Post a Comment